Business Administration - Entrepreneurship
Learn how to take your idea from concept to creation while gaining a solid foundation in business practices.
Learn to create and manage new ventures and how to advise owners and managers of small and medium-sized businesses.
Students are exposed to various aspects of entrepreneurship in business, social, and innovative contexts within existing profit-oriented and non-profit organizations, including indigenous communities. Developing the vision required, as well as focussing on the human, physical ans financial ressources required to sustain a sucessful business in a socially responsible manner is a focus of the BBA in Entrepreneurship program. Courses are taught by a team of seasoned professors with direct business experience as well as international.
Students are engaged into analytical thinking and are given the opportunity to aquire a basic knowledge and understanding of business concepts' application to practical business issues, including: market research, marketing forecasts, financial and cash flow projections, business venture planning and launching, and business development. Students are exposed to various contexts besides for-profit business, including e-business, indigenous communities, social entreprises, micro-enterprises (in Canada and in other countries such as Mexico), and artistic organizations.
Small class sizes and accessible professors are key components of student success. Students may also take advantage of international exchange opportunities to broaden their understanding of the global business environment.
Perspectives de carrière
Besides the fact that 20% of Laurentian University's business graduates are entrepreneurs (business owners or small and medium-sized business managers, or non-profit organizational managers), they also have a multitude of career options in the public and private sector which include, but are not limited to:
- Careers related to business support programs in various regions of Canada
- Canadian and international management Consulting firms
- Provincial and federal department and organizations (Business Development Bank)
- Business Credit Advisor or general business/international business advisor within financial institutions
- Economic Development Officer for municipalities and Band Councils in Indigenous communities
- Business Advisor or Officer among Economic Development agencies
- Business Advisor with international organizations (mainly foreign students who returned in their country of origin)
Est-ce que ce programme vous intéresse?
Regardez en profondeur les détails du programme, les cours et les options de diplôme!Détails du programme